The USPS offers a service known as Every Door Direct Mail® (EDDM®) that makes it easy to send a postcard, flyer, or menu to an entire area at a reduced postage rate.
The process of placing the order through the USPS’s EDDM website (https://eddm.usps.com/eddm/) is very intuitive. You begin by searching for delivery routes based on zip code, street address, or city. You will use the map to select all the routes you wish to deliver to. As you select route(s), the number of addresses will be displayed along with the postage amount due (this amount does not include the price to print).
During the checkout process, you will need to create an account and you will need to use a credit card to pay for the postage immediately. Also, you will be asked for a delivery drop date on a calendar. MAKE SURE TO SELECT A DATE AT LEAST 5 BUSINESS DAYS IN THE FUTURE AND NOT ON THE WEEKEND. This will provide enough time to print and deliver.
Pita Pit Franchisees, be aware that you will be placing two separate orders – one for the purchase of the list and postage through the USPS and another for the printing at pitapitprint.com.
- Before placing your order for the printing of the mailer at pitapitprint.com, you must first place your EDDM order at the USPS website (https://eddm.usps.com/eddm/). The EDDM order will provide necessary information such as the number of pieces needed to print, delivery drop date, and the mailing postage.
- When completing checkout on the USPS website, ensure that you select a drop date at least 5 business days in the future and not on the weekend.
- After you have completed the EDDM order on the USPS website, you will receive an order confirmation email. At this point, you can place your order for the printing of the mailer at pitapitprint.com since you know the number of pieces to print.
- When you complete the order for printing at pitapitprint.com, you will receive another confirmation email with an order number. Please forward your original USPS EDDM order confirmation email to email@example.com AND INCLUDE YOUR PITAPITPRINT.COM ORDER NUMBER in the email so we can match them up and confirm the details before printing. WE CAN NOT PRINT UNTIL WE RECEIVE YOUR EDDM ORDER CONFIRMATION EMAIL.
- If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about EDDM
Use Every Door Direct Mail® (EDDM®) services to promote your small business in your local community. If you’re having a sale, opening a new location, or offering coupons, EDDM can help you send postcards, menus, and flyers to the right customers. Use the EDDM Online Tool to map ZIP Code(s)™ and neighborhoods—even filter by age, income, or household size1 using U.S. Census data. (USPS.com)